Career highlights: Burberry, London Contemporary Orchestra, The Last Leg (Channel 4), Abbey Road Studios, Frank Turner, Hackney Colliery Band
- baroque viola
- ensemble leader
- acoustic and electric (inc. wireless)
- screen work (miming or live audiovisual recording)
- studio recording
- remote recording
- own gear, transport and full UK driving licence
- classical (orchestral, chamber, etc.), baroque / historically informed, musical theatre, folk (including ceilidhs), country, blues, pop/rock/singer-songwriter, etc.
- fluent sightreader and improviser, confident working from chords, playing by ear and writing my own parts
Besides one-off freelance work and some solo performing, I am also active with:
my own flexible function / chamber ensemble
a covers / Irish function band
a roaming acoustic wedding / function trio
a covers and folk duo, also available with a caller for ceilidhs
My availability can be checked and inquiries made through MAS or by contacting me directly. Donations / tips in the light of any of my music-related activities are always gratefully received via paypal.me/martinashmusic, or any other means!