You can open my current full CV as a PDF. Here are some selected highlights:
I have an ATCL (Associate of Trinity College London) performance diploma in viola, and grade 8 ABRSM violin.
I am a member of:
- Kindred Spirit, playing prog-folk-rock originals, folk songs and timeless covers as a five-piece full band or a duo
- The Filthy Spectacula, a high-energy genre-defying all-originals rock band
- The Winter Quartet, supplying flexible and alternative string quartet music for any event
Particularly notable freelance performances include:
- Leading the Hashtag Opera orchestra for full concert performances of Donizetti’s Anna Bolena and Verdi’s Giovanna d’Arco
- Playing with Lincolnshire Chamber Orchestra for Christmas morning service at Lincoln Cathedral and concerts with Spalding and Louth Choral Societies
- Playing two concerts with Outcry Ensemble, including Britten’s Bridge Variations and a commission for two trumpets and strings by Ben Gaunt
- Depping on violin with Kent Sinfonia for a concert of Vaughan Williams and for Haydn’s Creation
- Playing viola in the premiere of Philip Sawyers‘ Concerto for Trumpet, Strings and Timpani (with the Surrey Mozart Players)
- Viola in Mendelssohn’s Elijah under Adrian Partington and with principals from the Philharmonia Orchestra at St John’s Smith Square
And many more!
Arranging and musical coordination
Events for which I have been involved in various ways in bringing together arrangements, transcribing for available forces, and coordinating musicians include:
- Tealeaf Productions‘ Requiems: Songs of Death, a multimedia performance involving music and bespoke projection, for which I arranged several arias and other pieces for soprano and string quartet (and played viola)
- ‘#shinyday’: an afternoon of cabaret performances with a rotating cast of singers and eight-piece band, playing about one-third original songs and the remainder jazz and musical theatre numbers, tailored to autism-related sensory hypersensitivity.
- The one-off performance of The Etiquette Orchestra, a 14-piece group with strings, horns, rhythm section and vocals realising neo-soul material previously only produced via MIDI, at the Not Only Hair awards in Brighton.
- A live lounge broadcast of original material with band and strings by singer-songwriter Sebastian Vale for BBC Sussex.