You can open my current full CV as a PDF. Here are some selected highlights:
I have an ATCL (Associate of Trinity College London) performance diploma in viola, and grade 8 ABRSM violin.
I am active with:
- Kindred Spirit, playing prog-folk-rock originals, folk songs and timeless covers as a five-piece or duo
- The Filthy Spectacula, a high-energy genre-defying all-originals rock band
Particularly notable freelance performances include:
- Leading the Hashtag Opera orchestra for full concert performances of Donizetti’s Anna Bolena and Verdi’s Giovanna d’Arco
- Playing viola in the premiere of Philip Sawyers‘ Concerto for Trumpet, Strings and Timpani (with the Surrey Mozart Players)
- Depping on violin with Kent Sinfonia for a concert of Vaughan Williams and for Haydn’s Creation
- Playing with Lincolnshire Chamber Orchestra for Christmas morning service at Lincoln Cathedral (violin) and Mendelssohn’s Elijah (viola)
- Playing first violin in Kandinsky and de Hartmann’s rarely-performed Der Gelbe Klang with Spectra Ensemble at the Jacqueline du Pré Music Rooms
- Viola in Mendelssohn’s Elijah under Adrian Partington and with principals from the Philharmonia Orchestra at St John’s Smith Square
And many more!
Arranging and musical coordination
Events for which I have been involved in various ways in bringing together arrangements, transcribing for available forces, and coordinating musicians include:
- ‘#shinyday’: an afternoon of cabaret performances with a rotating cast of singers and eight-piece band, playing about one-third original songs and the remainder jazz and musical theatre numbers, tailored to autism-related sensory hypersensitivity.
- The one-off performance of The Etiquette Orchestra, a 14-piece group with strings, horns, rhythm section and vocals realising neo-soul material previously only produced via MIDI, at the Not Only Hair awards in Brighton.
- A live lounge broadcast of original material with band and strings by singer-songwriter Sebastian Vale for BBC Sussex.